- Year of Production
- Stefano Sardo
- 73' min
Slow Food Story
by Stefano Sardo
This is the story of a revolution.
A slow revolution, a revolution at a snail’s pace.
One that’s been going on now for 25 years and still shows no signs of coming to a stop.
Its lìder maximo is Carlo Petrini, better known as “Carlìn”.
He’s the man who invented Slow Food and Terra Madre.
In 1986 Carlìn founded the ArciGola gastronomic association in Italy and, three years later in Paris, launched Slow Food, an international anti-fast food resistance movement. Without ever leaving his native Bra, a small town of 27,000 inhabitants, he has created a movement that now spans 150 countries and has transformed gastronomy forever.
Slow Food Story tells the tale of a group of friends in the provinces. It’s a story of pranks and political passions, of restaurants and rediscovered peasant rites, of wine and journeys and gambles, some won and some lost but all taken with the same unsinkable, grouchy irony.
The film shows how even the most important cultural adventures can be born of a tongue-in-cheek approach to life.
- Director Stefano Sardo
- Story Stefano Sardo
- Editing Stefano Cravero
- Cinematography Giovanni Giommi
- Music Valerio Vigliar
- Researches Séverine Petit
- Executive Producer Ines Vasiljevic
- Produced by Nicola Giuliano, Francesca Cima, Carlotta Calori
- Coproduced by Sarah Pennacchi
- Production Indigo Film, Tico Film
- In association with Element Pictures
- With the contribution of M.I.B.A.C.T. - Direzione Generale per il Cinema
- With the support of Piemonte Doc Film Fund, Fondo Regionale per il documentario; Piano MEDIA della Comunità Europea
- In association with Bord Scannán na hÉireann / the Irish Film Board
- International Sales Autlook Filmsales
Release Date: May 30th 2013 (Italy)
- Berlinale - Kulinarischen Kinos
- IDFA - International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam
- Palm Springs International Film Festival
- EXPO 2015: Expo Gate Milano
- Douro Film Harvest: Filme de Abertura
- Environmental Film Festival Melbourne
- Traverse City Film Festival
- El Cine Made in Piemonte
- Victoria International Film Festival
- One World Jeden Svet
- Rencontres du Cinéma Italien de Grenoble
- DOC - Denominazione Origine Cinematografica
- Galway Film Fleadh
- Una Notte in Italia - Festival del Cinema di Tavolara
- Festival des Libertes - Compétition Internationale de Documentaires
- Docville - Festival Favorites
- Doxa - Documentary Film Festival
- Planet + Doc Film Festival
- Historier från Italien
- Italian Film Festival in Scotland
- Italian Film Festival UK